Good morning, North Fork neighbors and friends! Top in the news, North Fork residents were among those rallying Tuesday in Riverhead against a possible overturn of the Roe v. Wade ruling that allows women access to abortion.
Patch wants to know where you stand on the issue for a story I am writing today; please send your thoughts to Lisa.Finn@patch.com.
Until tomorrow. . . .
First, today’s weather:
Cloudy with showers. High: 58 Low: 49.
Here are the top stories on the North Fork today
- “We Won’t Go Back “: Residents Rally Against Overturning Roe V. WadE: East End residents rallied Tuesday, crying out against the possible overturning of the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling that allows women access to abortion. (Patch) A leaked draft majority opinion to Politico suggests the US Supreme Court is poised to overturn the ruling – women’s access to abortion will depend on where they live.
- Heroin, Fentanyl, Cocaine, Handgun Found During Riverhead Bust: PD: Four were arrested and charged in the drug crackdown. (Patch)
- ‘Extremely Disturbing:’ Long Island Teen Accused of Raping Mom With 4-Year-Old Present: He was armed with a knife, police said. (NBC New York)
- Search On For Man Who Burglarized Duck Farm: Police: He stole a small amount of money, police say. (Patch)
- Renowned chef to open Southold Social at former Caci space: See what’s in store. (Northforker)
From our sponsor:
Hey, North Fork – need something done in your home? Check out our new Local Businesses feature in North Fork to find top-rated local pros for gardening, plumbing, house cleaning and so much more!
Today on the North Fork:
- Group Sound in the Loft (6:00 PM)
- Screen Free Week – Mattituck – Laurel Library (10:00 AM)
- Low Impact Aerobics Every Wed and Fri (10:00 AM)
- BOE Work Session / SED Budget Meeting – Southold Junior-Senior High School (7:00 PM)
- BOE Work Session / SED Budget Meeting – Southold UFSD (7:00 PM)
- Agricultural Advisory Committee – Town of Southold Meetings (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Southold Historical Museum, Community Contributor: “The Online Silent Auction to benefit Southold Historical Museum is now live! Featuring local artwork, jewelry, gift certificates, home decor and many valuable items. Place your bids by 7 pm on May 8!” (Patch)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- Group Sound in the Loft (May 4)
- Skating Inferno: A Disco Dream! (May 7)
- Mother’s Day Brunch at East Wind (May 8)
- Mother’s Day Special at Sannino Vineyard (May 8)
- Mother’s Day Dinner at Desmond’s (May 8)
- Virtual Silent Auction, Online Now Through May 8 (May 8)
- Hire A Pro To Tackle Mom’s To-Do List (May 8)
- The Producers (May 12)
- Right Before I Go (May 14)
- Add your event
Gigs & services:
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today. I’ll see you soon!
– Lisa Finn
About me: I’m a journalist whose passion is telling the stories of people’s lives. This is your site – this is a place for your voice to be heard. I can not wait to hear from you all.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming North Fork Daily? Contact me at email@example.com