Hello again, Spokane! Important update: You all, as readers, have made the Spokane Daily so successful that it is my honor to announce the next stage of the newsletter. Patch is looking for a local writer and entrepreneur to take the helm of the Spokane Daily. Although I have loved getting to know this community, we want to pass the torch to someone truly local to write about Spokane long term. So if you’re interested in earning extra income while making this newsletter a more valuable resource for your neighbors, learn more and apply here.
First, today’s weather:
Partial sunshine. High: 56 Low: 37.
Here are the top three stories today in Spokane:
- The Spokane Buddhist Temple’s Ramen Fest is on Apr. 10, 2022. The festival is the temple’s annual fundraiser with all funds raised going directly to the temple’s operating budget. Attendees will be able to choose between traditional Japanese chicken or tofu ramen with butter mochi for dessert. (KXLY Spokane)
- Spokesman-Review’s Active Living EXPO returns on Apr. 23, 2022. The event is designed for those 55-years and older with tickets being available online for $ 7. Active Living EXPO will be held at the Davenport Grand Hotel starting at 10:00 AM. (KHQ Right Now)
- The Spokane Regional Animal Protection Service has announced that pet owners will be able to license their pets once again. The service temporarily halted its licensing program while data was being transferred to its new licensing system. Pet owners across Spokane County should be able to start licensing their pets in the next week or two, according to Director Lindsey Soffes. (The Spokesman Review)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is getting raves from consumer electronic experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the CNET system called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
- Spokane Eats & More highlights Jones Home Decor’s local selection. Click to find a custom creation. (Instagram)
- Washington State Patrol remembers the Oso Landslide. It has been eight years since the event. Click to learn more. (Instagram)
- Tilly is staying with SpokAnimal CARE while she looks for her forever home. Click to see if this 3-year-old corgi mix would make a good addition to your family. (Facebook)
Loving the Spokane Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
Thanks for following along and staying informed. See you all tomorrow for another update!
– Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.